A little planning and preparation is needed in order to make your london removal easier. RemovalsPro offers some tips below you might find helpful.
Book your removal as far in advance as possible. This way you will have the time, date and truck size that you need for your move. Fridays and Saturdays are in a high demand, especially at the end of the month. If you need to move on these days make sure you call earlier.
When you call us we will ask you some questions to get an idea of the size of the job and how long it will take. Please let us know:
- About the quantity of furniture, whiteware and any other belongings you are moving
- Describe the access to your property (steps, doorways and etc.)
- Do you have any particularly heavy items such as pianos
Packing can be the most tedious and time consuming part of the removal process:
- Make sure that all the packing is done before the movers arrive — unless you want to save time and energy and let us do the packing for you.
- We can help you – dismantle beds, remove shelves and provide boxes. Just let us know what you need.
- Unless you have breakables in the draws, leave them full. This way you can save money on boxes and the most important you will save time.
- Pack heavy items in small boxes and lighter items in larger boxes. Make sure your boxes are not too heavy. This way you will prevent any unnecessary injury.
- If you choose to dismantle your items by yourself please make sure you have them sealed and placed in one area of your house and ready to go. This will save you time and money.
- Try to keep doorways and stairs clear of shoes and other obstacles to make access easier and reduce the chance of an accident
If you have large moving requirements or you have difficult access (for example a lot of stairs) we usually recommend more than two men. This option is typically more cost effective because it will take less man-hours and the price often ends up being the same.
Keep in mind that the issues with the access mentioned above apply equally to your new location. The more information you can give us the easier we can make the move.
If we have to load from the street please try to ensure a parking space. It`s a good idea to park your vehicle overnight in the parking space where the truck/van will park.
Share and Enjoy