Domestic Removals Checklist
Moving your home can cause you a headache. There is no doubt that this is particularly stressful time in one`s life. There are many things to be considered and a lot of preparation to be done for your domestic removal to be successful. Don`t worry! We are here to help you. The following list will give you an idea where to begin.
- It`s a good idea to have a “To-do list” so that you keep track of what needs to be done and what you`ve already done.
- Pick a moving day. Keep in mind that at weekends the removals companies are in high demand and they may charge more.
- Plan your domestic removal well in advance. Don`t leave anything for the last minute.
- Try to get at least 3 quotes so that you can compare the removals companies. Get recommendations from friends if possible.
- Hire a removals company and discuss the details with them (access to the buildings, packing, insurance, quotes).
- Label your boxes. That will save you time.
- It`s a good idea to have “essentials” box with the things you are going to need first at the new place (kettle, coffee, sugar, long life milk, mugs, spoons, medications, snack food, can opener, soap, toilet paper, toothbrush, toothpaste, cleaning products, a plug, a torch, clean sheets and towels for use that night, remote controls, phones and chargers and some clothing as though you’re heading away for the weekend).
- Make sure you have the keys for your new home ready.
- Hire a cleaning company to clean your new home.
We hope you find this checklist useful. Remember to plan ahead, get as much information as possible and your domestic removal will be perfect.